Sunday, September 13, 2015

I can't believe what I am thinking about doing.
I really want to do something creative and inspiring today. Life is too short, you know?
If I did it, and you found my blog from my business card, I am glad to meet you!
My life is about being a voice a light for others. There is not enough love in the world.
I survived homicide, and I refuse to make my experience pretty so people will listen. I have complex ptsd, the case is still going through motions.
33 years of my life I have had to repeatedly confront my trauma, and it has given me compassion and empathy.

I am writing my memoirs. :)
I seek justice for all people. I am a victims rights, civil rights, veterans rights activist.
I am firmly devoted to ending government corruption.
I am from the Ferguson-Florissant area in Saint Louis, Missouri. I am a member of the Black Lives Matter movement and affiliated with the United Front Civil Rights Group.
I am not anti-police. I am anti-abuse.

What you should know above all is that I have a deep love for other human beings. I want a happier, healthier world for us and our children. My life will have no meaning if I don't speak out and act with love. When I die, I want my legacy to be strength, bravery, advocacy, honesty and accountability. It seems many forgot my mom, who was murdered the night I almost died from stab wounds. It seems they forgot my sister too, who was only four and suffered a severe neck wound.
She died 7 years ago.
I established a scholarship fund in my mom's name on gofundme. It's on the business card I gave you.
I hope our meeting made you think, maybe inspired you. Skinny, short, tall, overweight, hairy, awkward, gangly, whatever.....
You are who you are. Change what you want and what you can, but realize that your body has carried you this long. You have survived until now, and don't apologize for not being what most people want.
A true warrior doesn't emerge from battle with shiny, flawless armor.
Life is war, and stretch marks, extra skin, scars...they proved you lived.
Your life has purpose. Find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment